Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Association of Commonwealth Universities Ocean Country Partnership Programme Scholarships aimed to support scientific research that will contribute to the conservation and sustainable management of marine resources.
The Ocean Country Partnership Programme (OCPP) Scholarships, funded through the UK’s Blue Planet Fund, offer a unique opportunity for students from the South Pacific to undertake a fully funded Master’s or PhD in marine science.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Association of Commonwealth Universities
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of the South Pacific
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and Ph.D.)
Nationality: International Students
See Also: Association of Commonwealth Universities Early Career Conference Grants 2023
Ocean Country Partnership Programme Scholarships 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for Master’s should be citizens of, and normally resident in the eligible countries.
- Applications will be accepted for PhD study from citizens of other Pacific Island countries (Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Tokelau, Samoa, Tonga and Tuvalu), but only if their research is focused on or directly applicable to Vanuatu or the Solomon Islands.
- Should be working in or have significant experience of work in the areas of environment, fisheries and aquaculture science.
- Should hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s-level degree. Should propose a research topic which is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to clearly demonstrated wider impact beyond the academic community.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at the host University.
- Tuition fees (including general fees and health fees)
- Living allowance
- Research support grant
- Travel grant (case by case basis)
- Dependent, disability and maternity costs (case by case basis)
Equally, Check: Canadian University Dubai Scholarships for International Students 2023
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Ocean Country Partnership Programme Scholarships 2023 are to complete their application online. Applicants are to read all of the application guidance provided carefully, before starting their application, and then complete all questions in full.
Application Deadline: 3rd November 2022