Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the International Program in Public Health Leadership aimed at equipping African leaders to navigate complex environment, initiate policies, hold healthcare providers accountable, and build partnerships across a vast array of communities and stakeholders.
Fellows of the program are engaged with the Evans School’s evidence-informed policy expertise and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)’s acclaimed leadership program to build internal and external coalitions for change.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Evans School of Public Policy & Governance
Host Institution: University of Washington, USA
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduate
See Also: MO Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2023 for Africans
International Program in Public Health Leadership 2023 | DETAILS
The program is an eight-month program for emerging leaders working in African Ministries of Health. A flagship program of the Evans School at the University of Washington, IPPHL expands policy and leadership acumen of leaders to develop and implement lasting public policy solutions and transform health systems. The program is funded and provides fellows with lodging and airfare costs.
To be eligible for the Public Health Leadership Programme, applicants must meet the criteria as stated:
- Applicants must be a mid-career public health professional from Africa, working in government, for a government initiative/partner, or entity at the federal, regional, state, or provincial level.
- Holds a degree related to public health or is a medical professional.
- A citizen and resident of a country in Africa.
- Possess strong English-language skills and the ability to articulate the various policy or program implementation challenges that they deal with in public health.
Recommended: Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship 2023 [Fully Funded to UK]
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the International Program in Public Health Leadership are to complete an online form and provide short answers to the questions provided. Applicants will be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume or CV in pdf form.
- Statement of Release from supervisor in PDF format.
- Letter of Recommendation from employer or supervisor.
Application Deadline: October 13, 2022