The Western and Central Africa Region of the World Bank is currently looking for dedicated professionals with a passion for international development to join the World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa, available for innovative and diverse staff.
A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. We are opening over 30 new positions in our country offices in the Western and Central Africa Region.
Company/Organisation(s): World Bank Group
Program Location: Check various locations (below)
Program Duration: 4 Years and above
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Masters and above
Nationality: All Nationalities
Also Apply: Government of Canada CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program 2022
World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa | What to Expect
The World Bank Group offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. This recruitment drive builds on a similar drive last year.
To be eligible for World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Mid-career professionals, technical specialists with at least 5 years of experience in a sector, professional associations, and faculty and students who have an interest in learning more about the World Bank Group.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in international development, other equivalent discipline.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in one or more
- Preference will be given to candidates with 10 or more years of experience working full-time at country level. Experience working with the WGB or in other African countries is a plus.
- Prior experience in an international development institution (public, NGO or private) is preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a team and an intercultural environment, with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on and action-oriented approach.
- Excellent problem solving, information management and coordination skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French (essential).
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to development work.
- Fluency in English
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
See Also: SAP Young Professionals Program for Recent African Graduates 2023
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking for the World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa should Please apply online for this opportunity or Visit www.worldbank.org.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2022